Nov 22, 2006

Stolen Content

As far as blogs go, this one's brand new. It's really not been around that long, but already someone has stolen much of my writing and tried to pass it off as their own.

As far as I know, this is the first time someone has stolen my work, and I am surprised by how much it upsets me.

For starters, I'm kinda of amazed that someone would actually lie and cheat in order to say something about lying and cheating. It's hard to imagine how the person, who did it, didn't think about what they were doing while they were doing it.

And even though I study lying and cheating, I'm somewhat shocked by my own reaction to it. I find it somewhat ironic that even someone, who has a healthy cynical side, doesn't really expect cynical things to happen.

But, perhaps my reaction helps explain why betrayal always hurts no matter what the circumstance. Maybe betrayal always comes as a surprise because, deep down, no one really wants to anticipate that someone else would do them wrong.

No comments: