My favorite resources on the web for information about lying and deception.
- Psych Central - Article focusing on difficulty of detecting deception.
- American Psychological Association - Article describes the nonverbal clues of deception and how difficult lying is to detect.
- Human Face - Article provides an overview of the various ways to detect deception.
- Science News - Article highlights problems involved in using nonverbal clues to detect deception.
- FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin (pdf) - Article discussing how to detect deception in the context of an interview or interrogation.
- Forbes.com - Article highlighting the benefits of lying.
- Center for Ethics - Article discusses the ethics involved with lying.
Websites on Lying and Deception
How to Lie:
- How To Lie - Information on how to lie persuasively.
- Truth About Deception - A detailed look at lying and deception in close relationships.
- Love Fraud - A website for people who are romantically involved with a sociopath.
- Wikipedia - General information about deception.
- Deception Blog - Review of academic research on deception.
- Skeptics Dictionary - An interesting take on self-deception.
- Eyes for Lies - A "truth wizard" - a person with an unusual ability to detect deception - provides her insight on lying and current events.